Data Protection Overview
Briffa has been helping organisations and individuals successfully navigate the choppy waters of personal and sensitive data for over 25 years. Our specialist solicitors can advise on all aspects of data protection, including GDPR requirements, website privacy policies, internal data protection policies and third-party data protection agreements.
Given our extensive background in intellectual property, our data protection lawyers have a huge amount of experience in this area. Our comprehensive services include a legal strategy, documents, and training to protect your highly valuable commercial data, and we are on hand to provide tailored advice at all times.
Typically, we’ll provide businesses, small and large, with specialist legal advice covering the following:
- All aspects of GDPR and data protection
- Website privacy and cookie policies
- Internal data collection, storage and retention policies
- Third-party data protection and privacy agreements
- Subject Access Requests
- Registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- CCTV and privacy legal issues
- Selling online and security of customer’s personal data
- Freedom of Information
- Direct marketing, including cold calling and emailing