Ramsay’s practice focuses on the resolution of intellectual property disputes. Other areas of expertise include resolving contractual disputes in the franchising, technology, and manufacturing sectors.
In addition to having considerable litigation experience in the High Court (in both Queen’s Bench and Chancery Divisions), Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, Ramsay has significant experience in alternative dispute resolution procedures including arbitration (both ad-hoc and institutional) and mediation.
On a regular basis, Ramsay coordinates and manages clients’ intellectual property and contractual disputes in jurisdictions outside of the UK with trusted local counsel. Examples include Australia, China, France, Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands, and New Zealand.
Ramsay also has substantial expertise in implementing and executing anti-counterfeiting and piracy strategies for clients in the manufacturing, fashion and media sectors.
Background & Qualifications
- University of Surrey, LLB (Hons)
- Queen Mary University of London, LLM (Intellectual Property)
- LPC and Higher Rights of Audience (Civil), BPP Law School
- Briffa, 2012 – 2016
- Fieldfisher, 2016 – 2019
- Briffa, 2019 – present
- PMS International Group Plc v Magmatic Limited  UKSC 12
- Future New Developments Ltd v B & S Patente Und Marken GmbH  EWHC 1874 (IPEC)
- Morse v Eaglemoss Publications Ltd  EWHC 1507 (Ch)
- Dahlia Fashion Co Ltd v Broadcast Session Ltd  EWPCC 23