Raj is a solicitor specialising in all areas of intellectual property law, with a focus on contentious work.
This includes trade mark infringement, design rights and copyright disputes. He has a particular interest in sport and video games and he enjoys helping clients maximise the full value of their intellectual property portfolio.
Background & Qualifications
- Trained at Irwin Mitchell LLP (Birmingham)
- Qualified in September 2013
- In addition to his legal qualifications, Raj obtained his Prince2 qualifications as well as Lean Six Sigma accreditation
- Spent over 18 months as a project manager at Jaguar Land Rover, overseeing the builds of cars scheduled for testing in 2021 and beyond.
- Transitioned back into law and joined Briffa’s intellectual property
Raj joined Briffa for the opportunity to work on legal aspects of sports, video games and all things fun, away from the monotony of generic litigation.
Intellectual property gives him the opportunity to work with a range of exciting clients, including digital marketing agencies, med-techs, sports players, and software developers.
This brings a variety of challenges that requires him to learn about how businesses of all shapes and sizes operate, and how he can best solve their issues.
Outside of work, Raj is usually found on the golf course (looking for his ball in the trees) or supporting his beloved football club, Coventry City.